Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Look Alikes

I've had a lot of people come up to me and say, "Hey, is your name John?" I tell them no, and they apologize and say I just look like a John they know. Or someone gets to know me a little and says, "You're just like one of fmy friends back home. You even look like him." I guess I just have one of those faces. It happens all the time. I served a two year mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Thailand and I always got comments about how I looked like Tom Cruise. Everyone there knows Tom Cruise. Maybe it's just because I'm short and not blonde like him. I think all white people look the same to Asians. It goes the other way around too, until you live with them for a while. You all know what I'm talking about.


Since I've come home I've had a lot of people continue their celebrity look-alike game with my face. The first one I ever got was Matt Damon. I was pretty happy about this choice. He's the flavor of the month with the Bourne series out there.




The next guy, I'm sorry to say, was Ricky Martin. They said there was so much resemblence that I had to take a picture with their poster. I reluctantly did so. I still don't think we're look-alikes, but I'll let you decide.



This brings us to the most recent addition. I was working the other day and someone came into the office and told me I looked like the young and famous David Archuleta. Well, his name is David. That's a plus. He said that we not only look alike except for our hair, but that our voices sound the same. For those who don't know me personally, I'm sorry you won't be able to test this out. Go to the David Archuleta link on my sidebar! So next time you're walking down the street, and you see Matt Damon, Ricky Martin, or David Archuleta, you should stop them and say, "I know someone who looks just like you!"

No comments: